[stunnel-users] stunnel 5.18 may keep high CPU usage

Javier meresponde2001-stn at yahoo.es
Sun Jun 14 21:13:09 CEST 2015

On 14/06/15, you wrote in gmane.network.stunnel.user:

> I appreciate your opinions.  Do you think I should trade security
> for 20 minutes idle CPU time every 24 hours?
> On modern machines it's closer to 2 minutes...
> Mike

Hi,

No, of course not. I understood that you did this for security
reasons. Better randomize DH params every X time, then fixed, but
maybe should be considered.

An user option maybe, to set fixed or random, but random by default?
Just an idea.

Note that I'm not requesting this for me, just telling that could be
low specs environments to run tiny servers. If it is going to be
default, good to know anyway.

I would lie if I don't say that I run the server(s) for small periods
of time and having stunnel running 20 minutes calculating the DH is
[something], even the DH aren't needed to start connections.

You set as fixed from 4.40 (according to manual) and I'm using
Stunnel from 4.5x, so this was new to me.

Regards.

P.S.: fixed=hardcoded