[stunnel-users] Rework "Honor --sysconfdir and --localstatedir in stunnel.conf-sample.in"

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 1 10:01:52 CEST 2015

Hi,

I took the liberty of reworking the patch presented in
  http://www.stunnel.org/pipermail/stunnel-users/2010-July/002711.html
to fix the issues raised in
  http://www.stunnel.org/pipermail/stunnel-users/2010-August/002719.html

The patch is available at
  https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/xref/opencsw/csw/mgar/pkg/stunnel/trunk/files/0001-Honour-sysconfdir-bindir-and-localstatedir-everywher.patch
or you can browse the patch more nicely at
  https://github.com/dago/stunnel/compare/master...sysconfdir

(I posted yesterday with the patch inline but it didn’t went through as the patch
is rather big due to a rename)

The main reason why the substitution didn't work in the previous patch is because
the substitution should not be done during configure-time but inside the Makefile
as described in the Autoconf manual
  http://www.gnu.org/savannah-checkouts/gnu/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.69/html_node/Installation-Directory-Variables.html#Installation-Directory-Variables

The patch is against 5.18b3 (is there a public repo available to make patches?)

It would be great if the change could be applied.

Best regards

 -- Dago