[stunnel-users] help on options and sslversion

Madhava Gaikwad (madgaikw) madgaikw at cisco.com
Wed Jul 8 13:56:33 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am using stunnel 5.03 version. I want to understand how the config option "sslVersion " and "options " works.

The problem I am trying to solve is: I want to enable say only particular ssl connect methods, for example sslv3 and TLs1.2. I am not able to do it.

For me if I do below setting:
Options = all

Option = NO_SSLv2

Option = NO_SSLv3

Option = NO_TLSv1

Option = NO_TLSv1.1

Option = NO_TLSv1.2

Still I see all methods are being enabled. I removed Option = all, but no effect. What is expected behavior?

Also,

The sslVersion seems enables either particular sslversion, or else all the versions. So wondering what can be the escape mechanism. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Madhava