[stunnel-users] No DNS lookup?

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Tue Jan 20 21:45:07 CET 2015

By changing the recipient address to stunnel-users at stunnel.org?

> The support on the host we are
> trying to reach states to following:
>
> It really sounds like the stunnel is not connecting to "something.host.com"
> but perhaps to the IP address behind it?

Yes.  Stunnel uses IP addresses for all connections, as the Internet
is based on IP adresses.  All programs that use the Internet do so.
'IP' stands for 'Internet Protocol'.

This is the same as for the telephone network.  The telephone network
is based on telephone numbers.  Even if you select your dialog partner
by selecting his name or his picture on a list on your mobile phone,
you are (or your phone is) still dialling a telephone number if you
start a call.

> The use of the hostname
> something.host.com is however an requirement.

You should explain what you are trying to do and what does not work.

HTH,

Ludolf

--

Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH
Floßwörthstraße 41

Tel: +49 621 33996-0
Fax: +49 621 3392239

mailto:lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
http://www.bihl-wiedemann.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bihl, Bernhard Wiedemann
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 5796