[stunnel-users] Can't compile stunnel 5.10 on Linux ... got fatal signal 11 error

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Tue Feb 3 16:37:27 CET 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-03 15:47:45 +0100, amontaron wrote:
> Hi again :-D
>
> So... I compile with gcc -O1 instead of -O2 (not mentioned in INSTALL
> file anyway) and got it compiled !

This means you hit a bug in GCC which is not triggered if you turn off
certain optimizations.

You could try to disable single optimization steps (-fno-... options)
to identify the single culprit, but I don't know if it earns you
something (as you say it happens on your 'old Suse' box, and the GCC
might be outdated as well).

Ludolf

--

Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH
Floßwörthstraße 41

Tel: +49 621 33996-0
Fax: +49 621 3392239

mailto:lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
http://www.bihl-wiedemann.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bihl, Bernhard Wiedemann
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 5796