[stunnel-users] openvms and stunnel

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Wed Apr 8 17:34:57 CEST 2015

On Wed, 2015-04-08 11:18:43 -0400, Coviello, Paul wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to setup stunnel 4.20 yes it is an old version but the only one on HP's website for VMS.
>
> I need a little help in the conf files.
>
> Since I will be using telnet, do I need to put in each machines ip address that will be connecting? So in the example below do I create a listing of connects?
>
> [telnet]
> accept  = 999
> connect = 192.168.0.1:993

Paul,

the configuration above makes stunnel listen on local port 999,
accepting connections from all IP addresses and forwards the traffic
to port 993 of the box with IP address 192.168.0.1.

Depending on the 'client = ...' statement, stunnel expects the traffic
at port 999 to be encrypted (server mode, client = no, default), or at
port 993 (client mode, client = yes).

Any access control may be implemented via libwrap and (in server mode)
via restriction of the accepted certificates.

HTH,

Ludolf

--

Ludolf Holzheid

Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH
Floßwörthstraße 41
68199 Mannheim, Germany

Tel: +49 621 33996-0
Fax: +49 621 3392239

mailto:lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
http://www.bihl-wiedemann.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bihl, Bernhard Wiedemann
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 5796