[stunnel-users] No Taskbar Icon

Javier meresponde2001-stn at yahoo.es
Thu Sep 25 18:29:06 CEST 2014

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 15:26:55 +0200
Michal Trojnara <Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net> wrote:

> The proper solution is to move the GUI to a separate process.
>  - Network server running as an NT service or a user process.
>  - GUI client always running as the current user.

Hi,

Yes, that's the point.

But, anyway, as I don't usually use Stunnel as service, I dig a
little more, and it isn't attached _on boot_ to the taskbar on
previous Windows versions either. That, in the other hand, it has its
logic. The taskbar depends on explorer.exe and this isn't launched
until the user logins so... after all I wasted time trying to display
it ;-)

The only fix I see to this (interaction with desktop) is to attach to
the user session ID. And if we want the icon, run as user process
through Start>programs>start or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

Or better: as you prefer, because as I'm not a developer, I have no
clue what must be done one or other way ;)

As 541401 pointed, while it runs without errors, it is enough.

Regards.