[stunnel-users] No Taskbar Icon

Pierre DELAAGE delaage.pierre at free.fr
Wed Sep 24 20:10:58 CEST 2014

Ok, this is a fact that a service should not have to interact with the
desktop, and the icon is a part of that...
It is normal, in stunnel case, that it does not appear: if it were the
case it may allow the user to stop the service, which is not the purpose
of any service...

BUT, even in service mode, stunnel does interact with the desktop in two
ways :

1/ when you start or stop the service : there is a dlg box at that time
2/ if you have protected your client cert with a password, you will be
prompted to enter a password

What is strange is that MS maintained the existence of the checkbox in
the Win7 service dialog...

Anyway...at least you should have a normal icon when starting stunnel in
user mode ...