[stunnel-users] Premature socket closure - race condition bug?

Graham Nayler (work) graham.nayler at hallmarq.net
Mon Sep 22 13:54:44 CEST 2014

Since submitting my original patch, I've realised there is a possible
scenario that both my solution, and I think yours as well, still fails on:
we're assuming that once the readsocket call has returned, there's nothing
left in the socket buffer. Is this not dependent on the size of the data
submitted by the remote program, the capacity of the socket buffer itself,
and the space remaining in c->sock_buf after c->sock_ptr? I.e. there could
still be data in the socket if the buffered data were longer than that
returned by readsocket? Should stunnel not repoll/check the socket to ensure
that POLLIN is not set before taking any action on POLLUP? Maybe
s_poll_hup() should only be allowed to return POLLIN if POLLHUP is not set?

Graham