[stunnel-users] 400 - Bad Request

j nasty skekasaurus at outlook.com
Wed Sep 17 18:47:55 CEST 2014

I'm trying to access a web service endpoint using sTunnel to handle all the SSL traffic. For my other connection setups this works perfectly fine. But for this one particular client I'm getting a 400 - Bad Request Error.

Client Configuration looks like this:

[Connection1]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.1:9006
connect = server.com:443

Response I get back is:

<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.<br />
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.<br />
 <a

Is there a setting configuration I can use so that sTunnel redirects to https://server.com instead of server.com:443?

Thanks in advance,
Jake