[stunnel-users] Stunnel server as transparent proxy

Derek Cole derek.cole at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 22:31:00 CET 2014

Hello,

Regarding that IPtables line that is mentioned in the manpage - what is the
redirected port?

/sbin/iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport <redirected_port> \ -i
eth0 -j DNAT --to-destination <local_ip>:<stunnel_port>

I am using the stunnel configuration I posted in the first email, and I
want traffic on the stunnel server to end up at localhost:9040 so I think I
would use that as the --to-destination, but I am unsure what to put in the
--dport. Is that going to be any port that I may be connecting to
transparently (i.e. if I am using this as a web browser, would it be 80,
8000, 8080, etc?)