[stunnel-users] Configuring the STunnel for a TCP Client

Vivek Gupta vivek at ltecindia.com
Wed Oct 1 14:05:50 CEST 2014

Hi

I have installed STunnel version 5.xx and using a TCP client to connect
with it but no success.
My details are as follows:

1. Configuration of STunnel.conf

verify = 3
CAfile = peer-LMAX-fix-tunnel-DEMO-MktData.pem

[LMAX-fix-tunnel-DEMO-MktData]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.1:40003
connect = fix-md-ate.lmaxtrader.com:443

cert = stunnel.pem
key = stunnel.pem
socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1

Certificate file stunnel.pem was generated by software itself.

2. I have written a TCP client as follows:Only part of code is given below

  // Resolve the server address and port
 iResult = getaddrinfo("127.0.0.1", 40003, NULL, &servinfo);

  // Attempt to connect to an address until one succeeds
for(ptr=servinfo; ptr != NULL ;ptr=ptr->ai_next)
{

  // Create a SOCKET for connecting to server
ConnectSocket = socket(ptr->ai_family,ptr->ai_socktype,ptr-ai_protocol);

  // Connect to server.
 iResult = connect( ConnectSocket, ptr->ai_addr, (int)ptr->ai_addrlen);
              break;
 }

    // Send an initial buffer
    iResult = send( ConnectSocket, sendbuf, (int)strlen(sendbuf), 0 );

    printf("Bytes Sent: %ld\n", iResult);

    // Receive until the peer closes the connection
    do {

        iResult = recv(ConnectSocket, recvbuf, recvbuflen, 0);
        if ( iResult > 0 )
            printf("Bytes received: %d\n", iResult);
        else if ( iResult == 0 )
            printf("Connection closed\n");
        else
            printf("recv failed with error: %d\n", WSAGetLastError());

    } while( iResult > 0 );

Here I would like to tell you that I have used 127.0.0.1 and 40003 in
getaddrinfo and same has been configured in conf file.

Whenever I try to connect I am receiving  iResult =0 from recv().

Could anybody please let me know is there  anything wrong with my
configuration and how to get resolve the current issue?