[stunnel-users] Sending Email from PLC Without Authentication with gmail - static ip/argosoft/php script

Stephen Gates sgates at hkscholz.com
Fri Jun 28 15:33:53 CEST 2013

> The only limitation I can recall on this freeware version is in the file
size (5MB) and in the retries between relay errors.

> But you have to be aware when using a mail server that, thanks to
Spamhaus, you need a static IP or almost all SMTPs out there will block your
server to accept mail from (including Gmail)."

The router that my network is connected to has a static IP as far as I can
tell and so does the PC and PLC on the LAN. How can I determine for sure if
I have a static IP? I will try the Argosoft link.

> Question? What does this device have available for resources. I use a php
script that checks server status emails via gmail when there are changes in
status, and it handles the connection directly to gmail.

I'm not sure. I don't know what php script is.

I am about to try emailrelay from sourceforge.net. Anybody have experience
with that? http://emailrelay.sourceforge.net/

Thanks,

Stephen Gates

Harold K. Scholz Company