[stunnel-users] Feature requests

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Wed Jul 17 18:54:02 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-17 16:23, Death Master wrote:
> Can you implement some features?
> 1) Load balancing leastconn (like leastconn in haproxy)
leastconn strategy should be fairly easy to implement.
I'm adding it to my TODO list:
https://www.stunnel.org/sdf_todo.html

> 2) UDT transport between stunnel instances(with several congestion
> controls which are already implemented for UDT)
I guess what you want is something like:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/udtgate/
IMHO it is a very bad idea to add this functionality in stunnel.
According to the KISS principle it should rather be implemented as a
separate proxy.

> 3) SCTP transport between stunnel instances (if can be done in userspace)
SSL/TLS requires a data stream as its transport layer.  SCTP only
provides message-based communication without strict data ordering.  Of
course it is possible to emulate data stream on top of SCTP, but this
would defeat all the advantages of SCTP.