[stunnel-users] Stunnel setup for SSL connection with POP3 server

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Fri Jan 25 14:04:46 CET 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-24 21:09:13 +0530, shanmuganathan sedukumar wrote:

> Hi Ludolf,
> Thanks for your input. I will try the same :)

Hello Shanmuganathan,

always reply to the list, so others are able to follow (and to
comment).

> One more clarification, we have multiple mail accounts configured in the same POP3 server. In our application, for each email account the username/password credentials would vary. So, in stunnel config file do we need to specify the credentials with parameters? If so, how do we need to specify the credentials for all the accounts?

As far as I understood, stunnel has nothing to do with the POP3
authentication.  It merely provides with an (encrypted) transport
layer for the (plain text) POP3 session.  I.e., you have to specify
the credentials in your application.

HTH,

Ludolf

--

Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH
Floßwörthstr. 41

Tel: +49 621 33996-0
Fax: +49 621 3392239

e-mail:  lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
website: www.bihl-wiedemann.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bihl, Bernhard Wiedemann
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 5796