[stunnel-users] fix resource leaks and potential null

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Tue Feb 5 20:18:06 CET 2013

On Tue, 2013-02-05 14:00:48 -0500, Bing H Bang wrote:
> Doesn't matter if the variable is used before being assigned a value or
> not. A variable of this import should always be given a default value at
> the time of declaration. End of story.

Initializing local variables with dummy values takes the compiler the
chance to identify a code path were no real value is assigned by
mistake.

> Arguing about whether its use is
> before or after it is assigned a value is just silly.

As far as I understand the discussion, it is not about whether the
variable is used before a value is assigned to it, as this is pretty
obviously not the case.  It is about whether the variable should be
checked for being NULL or checked for pointing to '\0' before passing
it to a printf()-like function.

Ludolf

--

Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH
Floßwörthstr. 41

Tel: +49 621 33996-0
Fax: +49 621 3392239

e-mail:  lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
website: www.bihl-wiedemann.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bihl, Bernhard Wiedemann
Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 5796