[stunnel-users] Build failure for ARM32 with Yocto

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Aug 22 17:28:55 CEST 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Ludolf Holzheid <
lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-08-22 15:44:43 +0100, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Ludolf Holzheid <
> > lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de> wrote:

> /home/lpapp/Projects/Yocto/poky-dylan-9.0.1/build/tmp/sysroots/foo/usr/include/bits/predefs.h:23:3:
> > > <stdc-predef.h>
> > >
> > > Laszlo,
> > >
> > > Are you sure /usr//include is the right include directory for cross-
> > > compiling?  I must confess, I'm not familiar with cross-compiling, but
> > > this looks fishy.
> > >

> > Most certainly not, but other softwares get it right. I will assume that
> it
> > has something to do with how the Makefile is generated for stunnel. Got a
> > clue in that area?
>
> I would try to remove -I/usr//include (and -pedantic) from the
> compiler flags, but again, I'm no expert in autoconf and
> cross-compiling.

I would not know how to do that inside the stunnel codebase. The problem is
not outside because every other software works. The buildsystem is probably
hard coding something without the opportunity for downstream to override
it. Has stunnel ever been compiled for embedded and ARM with
cross-compilation?