[stunnel-users] Using stunnel to add https to a webserver that doesn't have ssl setup

Michael Avanessian mkanet at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 20:39:41 CET 2012

Thanks for the quick reply!  So... what http code do I use to break out the
infinite loop so it loads only once?

I think the other 2 circumstances may have something similar happening to them
(which are forwarded using the web server instead).  If I use the webserver to
rewrite the URL, the web browser tries to do something (I can't tell what), then
returns the error below:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address
in a way that will never complete.

> Normally, I could do this a few different ways (provided my webserver
> had ssl added to it natively in a normal way) 1. webserver URL Rewrite
> plugin 2. webserver redirect plugin
> 3:
>
> For  whatever reason, I'm having all sorts of weird  issues when
> trying the three methods above if I use stunnel for ssl  instead of
> using the webserver's builtin ssl.

Please note that traffic coming out of the stunnel looks - and actually
*is* - just as port-80-ish to the actual webserver as native HTTP requests do,
so unless you take special measures to break the loop, the webserver will try to
(re-)redirect *that, too*.

Regards,

 J. Bern