[stunnel-users] Need help building FIPS capable Stunnel for Windows CE

Bao, Robert rbao at tycoint.com
Tue Oct 16 19:30:25 CEST 2012

I am attempting to build a FIPS-capable Openssl for an XScale processor
(ARMV4I) running under Windows CE 5.0 (using openssl-1.0.1c and
openssl-fips-2.0.1), that was successful.

Then I built the latest Stunnel (just released few days ago) with FIPS
option turned on.

The build appears to complete successfully.  However, at run-time,
entering FIPS mode fails and the following messages are produced:

error stack: 2D079089 : error:2D079089:FIPS
routines:fips_pkey_signature_test:test failure

FIPS_mode_set: 2D06B06F: error:2D06B06F:FIPS
routines:FIPS_check_incore_fingerprint:fingerprint does not match

I have reviewed the build instructions outlined in the OpenSSL FIPS user
guide carefully and believe all the build instructions have been adhered
to.  What needs to be changed for the signature to be properly embedded?

Robert Bao

Tyco