[stunnel-users] SSL proxy in Windows - IP Address Issue

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Wed Oct 10 21:08:02 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-10 17:04, Brian McGinity wrote:
> Thank you so much for stunnel.  This program is amazing!!!!

Thank you.

> - In Windows, “transparent” mode is unavailable

Correct.  Transparent mode requires kernel-mode support.

> - “xforwardedfor” is for smtp and not https connections

It's currently not supported.
AFAIK there are 3rd party patches for https.

> - “protocol = proxy” is for Haproxy only?

I don't think it's currently implemented outside HAProxy/stunnel.
https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/Future_Protocols

It should be fairly easy to add proxy protocol support to Apache.

Why don't you just use mod_ssl?  A dedicated solution will most likely
be more suitable for HTTP than universal stunnel.