[stunnel-users] Fw: How do I re-encrypt ssl traffic with stunel?

mkanet at yahoo.com mkanet at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 23:26:06 CET 2012

Arsen, you are right, that article is old.  It presumes you're using stunnel3.  The current version of stunnel is stunnel4; which uses a configuration file instead of those command line arguments.  For example, below is what you would see in a generic stunnel server config file:

/etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf
cert = /etc/stunnel/apache.pem
key  = /etc/stunnel/apache.pem debug = 7
output = /etc/stunnel/debug.log ;sslVersion = all setuid = nobody
setgid = nobody
pid = /var/run/stunnel/stunnel4.pid socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1 [pop3s]
accept  = 995
connect = 110 [imaps]
accept  = 993
connect = 143 [ssmtp]
accept  = 465
connect = 25 [stunnel-https]
accept  = 443
connect = localhost:80

.  Only very limited command line arguments are permitted in stunnel4.  In your case, if you want to get results quicker, it may be a lot easier to just look for an old version of stunnel3 to download.