[stunnel-users] RMI with SSL

Anoop Joseph anoopjosephn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 17:20:37 CEST 2012

Hi,

We have an existing RMI server which is not SSL aware and is based on Java
version 1.4.1. We want to use stunnel to make this existing RMI server SSL
aware. Checking the official website of stunnel the support to following
protocols were found cifs , connect, imap, nntp, pgsql, pop3, proxy and
smtp. As no reference to JRMP was available, wondering if stunnel can be
used to make the existing non SSL RMI server SSL aware.

If this is possible then we belive that it would be achived by providing
the mapping between the port configured with stunel and the existing port
used by RMI. Also the eixsitng RMI server would have to undergo minial
change using this approach.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,