[stunnel-users] stunnel 4.53 released

Thomas Eifert kxkvi at wi.rr.com
Tue Mar 20 04:01:54 CET 2012

Thanks for the new version!

Upon loading configuration in 4.53, I noticed that I no longer get the
following log entry for
each service loaded:

2012.03.19 21:18:34 LOG6[504:928]: SSL context initialized

Is this by design, or related to the session ID context bugfix?

Regards;

Thomas

On 3/19/2012 5:24 PM, Michal Trojnara wrote:

> Dear Users,
>

> I have released version 4.53 of stunnel. This is major a bugfix
> release. Upgrade is highly recommended.
>

> The ChangeLog entry:
>

> Version 4.53, 2012.03.19, urgency: MEDIUM: * New features - Added
> client-mode "sni" option to directly control the value of TLS Server
> Name Indication (RFC 3546) extension. - Added support for IP_FREEBIND
> socket option with a pached Linux kernel. - Glibc-specific dynamic
> allocation tuning was applied to help unused memory deallocation. -
> Non-blocking OCSP implementation. * Bugfixes - Compilation fixes for
> old versions of OpenSSL (tested against 0.9.6). - Usage of
> uninitialized variables fixed in exec+connect services. - Occasional
> logging subsystem crash with exec+connect services. - OpenBSD
> compilation fix (thx to Michele Orru'). - Session id context
> initialized with session name rather than a constant. - Fixed handling
> of a rare inetd mode use case, where either stdin or stdout is a
> socket, but not both of them at the same time. - Fixed missing
> OPENSSL_Applink http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#PROG2 - Fixed
> crash on termination with FORK threading model. - Fixed dead canary
> after configuration reload with open connections. - Fixed missing file
> descriptors passed to local mode processes. - Fixed required jmp_buf
> alignment on Itanium platform. - Removed creating /dev/zero in the
> chroot jail on Solaris platform. - Fixed detection of WSAECONNREFUSED
> Winsock error. - Missing Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest added to Windows
> installer.
>

> Home page: http://www.stunnel.org/ <http://stunnel.mirt.net/>
> Download: ftp://ftp.stunnel.org/stunnel/ <ftp://stunnel.mirt.net/stunnel/>
>

> SHA-256 hash for stunnel-4.53.tar.gz:
>
> 3e640aa4c96861d10addba758b66e99e7c5aec8697764f2a59ca2268901b8e57
>

> Best regards,
>
> Mike

Attention: This message and all attachments are private and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message immediately.