[stunnel-users] need suggestion on this issue?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:32:05 CET 2012

On 2012-03-15, Dewen Kong <kongdewen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now I am working on this issue trying to encrypt the communication
> between  terminals and our back of house computer. I am trying to solve
> this problem with stunnel.
>
> If the terminal is  'smart' like computer, it will be no issue. implement
> the stunnel on both end.
>
> But it come to be a problem there is some dumb terminal, No way to set up
> stunnel in its side.  I not sure stunnel can works here any more.
>
> if not, is there any other methods that may work?

Put a serial device server next to the terminal, plug the terminal
into the device server, plug the device server into the network. Then
use an SSL connection to the device server.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! An air of FRENCH FRIES
                                  at               permeates my nostrils!!