[stunnel-users] mknod: not owner building stunnel on Solaris SPARC 10 zone

Jiri ROHLICEK jrohlicek at aplis.cz
Thu Mar 8 00:00:53 CET 2012

Hello,I've been building stunnel 4.52 on Solaris 10 SPARC zone.
Configure and make went fine, make install failed in tools
with error
if uname | grep SunOS; then \
        ../auto/install-sh -c -d -m
755 /tmp/stunnel/var/lib/stunnel/dev; \
        mknod /tmp/stunnel/var/lib/stunnel/dev/zero c 13 12; \
        chmod 666 /tmp/stunnel/var/lib/stunnel/dev/zero; \
fi
SunOS
mknod: Not owner
--
mknod is not allowed in solaris zone, only in global.
One of many notices of this error skayser's
$(DESTDIR)$(localstatedir)/lib/stunnel/dev/zero; \
        fi
--
Now make install ends OK and stunnel works fine (I use it as client
only).

Isn't creating ./dev/zero not needed anymore?

Thanks Jiri Rohlicek
jrohlicek at aplis.cz