[stunnel-users] Stunnel in Client / Server configuration

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Sun Mar 4 22:14:12 CET 2012

Michael Curran wrote:
> curl: (35) error:140770FC:SSL
> routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol (this is all the
> further it gets, the client says hello and the server responds with
> this)
[cut]
> The configuration looks correct, what else could I check?

Your curl reports an SSL error, so you're using its native SSL support
instead of stunnel client.

Remove all non-essential configuration file options.  If you don't
understand an option, just leave it at its default instead of using a
random value.

Collect stunnel debug logs on both ends.  Hopefully this will help you
find the solution by yourself, without asking 536 subscribers of this
mailing list for help.