[stunnel-users] stunnel and connection alerts for Windows

John A. Wallace jw72253 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 23 17:21:36 CET 2012

Hello. It would be helpful to me to see a little popup window notification
of connections or data transfers made through Stunnel, a small and
unobtrusive alert of such kind as not requiring me to open another Window,
etc..  One thought I have along these lines is to have the stunnel Log
Window to serve this purpose by having a configuration option for it to open
in a small window by the system alert toolbar on the bottom right, providing
a one-liner or abbreviated rendition of its current logging text.   I do not
know of a way to make this happen within stunnel itself, but if there is
functionality of this sort already available, please advise.   Another
program that comes to mind with this sort of purpose would be Growl, which
allows developers to make plugins to create this effect.
http://www.growlforwindows.com/gfw/apps.aspx.  Is there anyone else here who
would find this useful or who is aware of work along these lines? Thanks.

John