[stunnel-users] linux default installation

John A. Wallace jw72253 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 28 21:34:51 CET 2012

Hello. I am comparing a default installation of "stunnel.conf" in Linux with
that in Windows, and I found some differences that I have a couple questions
about.  The Windows installation installed in client mode by default, but the
one for Linux in server mode. I made a backup copy of the default files for
both.  For now I want to run stunnel in Linux in client mode, so I am making
some changes to it.  The installed default for these six parameters are as
follows:

Client=no

Chroot=/var/lib/stunnel/

Setuid=stunnel

Setgid=nogroup

Pid=/var/run/stunnel.pid

Cert=/etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem

Is it correct to change these settings for testing in client mode so that they
match the current Windows' client mode configuration, like so:

Client=yes