[stunnel-users] Memory allocated in a different thread at network.c, line 63

Philippe A. futhark77 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:26:31 CET 2012

Hello,

I find the following error my syslog when stopping stunnel 4.52. The
program seems to be unable to shutdown cleanly (ex: pid file doesn`t get
removed).

stunnel: INTERNAL ERROR: Memory allocated in a different thread at
network.c, line 63

This is how I configured:

  LDFLAGS=-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/app/openssl/lib64 \
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/app/stunnel \
    --includedir=$PKG_HOME/openssl/include/ \
    --with-ssl=$PKG_HOME/openssl/ \
    --with-threads=fork \
    --disable-libwrap

Where PKG_HOME is a variable of my own.

I had the same error with version 4.51.

I do not see the error when running in foreground. I do not see the error
either if I compile with threads instead of fork.

In case this information is needed, this is how I configured openssl.

  ./config --prefix=/usr/local/app/openssl --libdir=lib64 shared
zlib-dynamic no-ssl2

This is on RHEL 5.5

Regards.