[stunnel-users] Stunnel Not supporting DSA key

Anand Krishnan Anand.Krishnan at ibsplc.com
Thu Feb 16 13:45:10 CET 2012

Hi All,

I have query regarding Stunnel (version 4) working.

We have a windows client application which communicates with a web service
via SSL encryption with DSA algorithm. The windows client machine is using
a pfx file for authentication with server. Now we need to convert this
windows machine with a linux machine and hence we converted the pfx into
pem file.

But when i tried to start the Stunnel using this pem file it threws up
below error.

2012.02.13 18:23:23 LOG3[23972:47049761923264]: error stack: 140B3009 :
error:140B3009:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_RSAPrivateKey_file:PEM lib
2012.02.13 18:23:23 LOG3[23972:47049761923264]:
SSL_CTX_use_RSAPrivateKey_file: 607907F: error:0607907F:digital envelope
routines:EVP_PKEY_get1_RSA:expecting an rsa key

It seems the .pem file I mapped in the stunnel.conf is expecting RSA
algorithm but when I opened it I can see it as DSA coded.

Can some body help me on this. I am attaching the pfx and pem file along
with this.

Regards,
Anand K

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."