[stunnel-users] Win CE build errors: main_execute() removed from stunnel.c file? "hwnd" link error.

Pierre DELAAGE delaage.pierre at free.fr
Thu Dec 6 21:30:50 CET 2012

Dear Michal,
Well, I always check msdocs directly, from msdn, and I check it on local
install of vstudio express embedded docs, and on embedded doc from WCE 5
sdk, and an old msdn 2000 cd I have (I am concerned with compatibility
with old and new systems).

A least, I can say that the 3 functions are available in winsock2 for
WCE. (ws2_lib),
and on most of Windows version above or equal to xp.

And when I say winsock2 (ws2 lib) , it is not winsock1 (winsock lib).

For windows 2000 pro, check this :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms738520%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

"....

        Support for getaddrinfo on Windows 2000 and older versions

The *getaddrinfo* function was added to the Ws2_32.dll on Windows XP and
later. To execute an application that uses this function on earlier
versions of Windows, then you need to include the /Ws2tcpip.h/ and
/Wspiapi.h/ files. When the /Wspiapi.h/ include file is added, the
*getaddrinfo* function is defined to the *WspiapiGetAddrInfo* inline
function in the /Wspiapi.h/ file. At runtime, the *WspiapiGetAddrInfo*
function is implemented in such a way that if the Ws2_32.dll or the
Wship6.dll (the file containing *getaddrinfo* in the IPv6 Technology
Preview for Windows 2000) does not include *getaddrinfo*, then a version
of *getaddrinfo* is implemented inline based on code in the Wspiapi.h
header file. This inline code will be used on older Windows platforms
that do not natively support the *getaddrinfo* function.

The IPv6 protocol is supported on Windows 2000 when the IPv6 Technology
Preview for Windows 2000 is installed. Otherwise *getaddrinfo* support
on versions of Windows earlier than Windows XP is limited to handling
IPv4 name resolution.

The *GetAddrInfoW*
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms738519%28v=vs.85%29.aspx>
function is the Unicode version of *getaddrinfo*. The *GetAddrInfoW*
function was added to the Ws2_32.dll in Windows XP with Service Pack 2
(SP2). The *GetAddrInfoW* function cannot be used on versions of Windows
earlier than Windows XP with SP2.

*Windows Phone 8:* This API is supported.

      Requirements

Minimum supported client

	Windows 2000 Professional [desktop apps only]

Minimum supported server

	Windows 2000 Server [desktop apps only]

Header

Ws2tcpip.h;
Ws2tcpip.h on Windows 2000 (include Wspiapi.h)

Library

Ws2_32.lib

DLL

Ws2_32.dll

..."

My sole purpose was to replace winsock1 lib an h files with those of
winsock2 (see my modified common.h I sent you in 2010/11),
as winsock2 is available on many windows version, including 2000.

Some strange redef in common.h leading to compilation warnings were
clarified with the distinction between winsock1 and winsock2.

Well, I think that at least for CE, the code "could" be adapted as I
offered (because the present code let us think that getaddrinfo is NOT
available in ws2 lib, and IT IS:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa915647.aspx ).

Well, I will wait for v500 official and maybe suggest an adaptation for
WCE or JUST FOR W2000...

Yours sincerely,
Pierre