[stunnel-users] Behavior

Javier meresponde2001-stn at yahoo.es
Fri Aug 17 19:55:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

I want to report 2 different behaviors, one, related to logs and,
the other, to close delay.

- About the logs, there is a funny thing. If you reload
stunnel.conf the log style and amount of information differs from
the starting one.

I'm under Windows 2000 and these are the general options in
stunnel.conf:

debug = debug
delay = yes
output = stunnel.log
fips = no

The differences can be seen in the attached text file. First part
is how is being seen if you don't reload the conf file. The second,
after you reload.

I, by myself, prefer the second log style.

- About the close delay, I don't know when it started to happen
(maybe in the version you removed the multiple instance of stunnel
or maybe later), but what happens is that stunnel delays about 1-2
seconds to close. It didn't happen before. It was immediately. And
has nothing to do with how many services you have, it delays with
one service or ten services or… whatever.

My system specs, the same as above. But it happens in Windows XP as
well, and with the latest 4.54 beta too (the one that has removed
the annoying app error (thank you so much for this :-) )).

Have a look to them ;-) and confirm if possible :-)
Thanks.