[stunnel-users] Looking for help - Stunnel works with Gmail but not with my provider

Verberne, Pieter pab.verberne at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 23:39:31 CEST 2012

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm afraid that this thing is becoming too difficult for me, but
nevertheless I do want to pursue the issue and I do appreciate your help.

First things first. When running 'stunnel -version' from the command
line with the config file below, the one that works for Gmail I get this:

stunnel.conf:
# GLOBAL OPTIONS

client = yes
output = stunnel-log.txt
debug = 0

# SERVICE-LEVEL OPTIONS

[SMTP Gmail]
 accept = 192.168.3.11:465
 connect = smtp.gmail.com:465

The result  from running 'stunnel -version':
stunnel 4.53 on x86-pc-mingw32-gnu platform
Compiled/running with OpenSSL 0.9.8s-fips 4 Jan 2012
Threading:WIN32 SSL:+ENGINE+OCSP+FIPS Auth:none Sockets:SELECT+IPv6

Global options:
debug           = notice
RNDbytes        = 64
RNDoverwrite    = yes
taskbar         = yes

Service-level options:
ciphers         = FIPS (with "fips = yes")
ciphers         = ALL:!SSLv2:!aNULL:!EXP:!LOW:-MEDIUM:RC4:+HIGH (with
"fips = no")
curve           = prime256v1
session         = 300 seconds
sslVersion      = TLSv1 (with "fips = yes")
sslVersion      = TLSv1 for client, all for server (with "fips = no")
stack           = 65536 bytes
TIMEOUTbusy     = 300 seconds
TIMEOUTclose    = 60 seconds
TIMEOUTconnect  = 10 seconds
TIMEOUTidle     = 43200 seconds
verify          = none

Server is down
And then this error message

This beats me because I can send emails with blat and stunnel this way
to the gmail server end receive the message within seconds.
When checking with msconfig.exe de stunnel service is up and running.

The error message is clear: my stunnel.conf is invalid! Is it?
Can you suggest what to change in stunnel.conf?
If that corrects the problem I can then again try with Ziggo.

I did try all sorts of configurations based on information found on the
internet

Many thanks for your help en best regards,

Pieter