[stunnel-users] Why 6 processes for single client-mode service configuration?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 21:25:04 CEST 2011

I'm configuring stunnel to encrypt a single client-mode connection:

    client = yes
    foreground = yes
    syslog = yes
    pid =
    [stunnel-localhost]
      accept = localhost:4608
      connect = localhost:4606

Why does that result in _six_ stunnel processes?

[one parent and 5 children]?

It's going to look a ridiculous if I have four instances like that
configured and end up with _24_ stunnel processes.

I can see two processes (one for data flowing in each direction) but
six seems way overboard.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I feel like a wet
                                  at               parking meter on Darvon!