[stunnel-users] stunnel4 with exec as service for securing pop3

Jörg-Volker Peetz jvpeetz at web.de
Fri May 20 09:42:30 CEST 2011

Ross Richardson wrote, on 05/20/11 01:02:

<snip>

> Does /etc/hosts.allow contain an entry for solid-pop3d permitting
> connections from localhost?
>
> Cheers,
> 	rlr

I've put "pop3s", the name of the service in the stunnel config file, into
/etc/hosts.allow. "solid-pop3d" itself is not linked against libwrap.
By the way, if I let "solid-pop3d" run as a daemon itself and use

connect = 100

instead of

exec     = /usr/sbin/solid-pop3d
execargs = solid-pop3d

in the config file the "pop3s" service works. But, as I said, "solid-pop3d"
itself is not linked against libwrap and , therefor, accepts connections to port
110 from every host. To avoid this without running inetd with tcpd, I wanted
stunnel to do the job of starting the pop3-server. From what I understood from
the documentation, it should be possible.
--
Best regards,
Jörg-Volker.