[stunnel-users] RFC: purge use of keyword 'transparent'

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Fri Jan 7 12:41:10 CET 2011

Dear Oscar,

"Oscar Usifer" <oscaruser at programmer.net> wrote:
> After searching, installing various  (in the 2.6 family), e.g.
> CentOS, Ubuntu, and so on, I have not been able to get transparent
> proxy working at all.

LOL: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id479555

Could you please try to be a bit more specific (e.g. in terms of your
stunnel and kernel versions, configuration, logs, packet captures,
etc.)?

Did you use any of those 80 hours to RTFM at http://stunnel.mirt.net/static/stunnel.html
  ?

> The documentation itself has folks claiming that it works and does
> not, which is really a bad practice. Why did you perpetuate this
> option in the first place?!
> I hope you see the importance and reason with my request and act
> immediately.
>  ... Unless someone really really does have it working.

LOL: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id478549

Please make sure to read the whole http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
  before sending another post to a mailing list.

Best regards,