[stunnel-users] Wireshark didn't show TLSv1 traffic?

Bao, Robert rbao at tycoint.com
Thu Feb 17 17:09:17 CET 2011

Hi,

I have "ciphers = AES256-SHA" option in stunnel.conf file. And when the
server/client established the connection, I see this line in the log
file:

Negotiated ciphers: AES256-SHA SSLv3 Kx=RSA Au=RSA Enc=AES(256) Mac=SHA1

However when I use Wireshark to sniff the traffic, I only see "TCP" in
the <Protocol> column for the traffics between the server and the
client.

Is this normal? What did I do wrong?

Thanks.

Robert Bao

Software House

Tyco International

978-577-4202

Explore our new Tyco Online Learning Center Web-based Training Bundles
at: www.swhouse.com/support/tyco_online_learning_center.aspx

This e-mail may contain or have attached to it information or technology
the export or re-export of which is restricted by U.S. laws and
regulations. By viewing this e-mail and any attachments, the recipient
agrees to the following: (i) the recipients use of the contents of this
e-mail and any attachments shall comply with all applicable laws, rules
and regulations, including, without limitation, U.S. international trade
laws and regulations, and (ii) the recipient may not transfer or
otherwise export or re-export any information or technology contained in
this e-mail or any attachment except in full compliance with the export
controls administered by the U.S. and other countries and any applicable
import and use restrictions.