[stunnel-users] Segfault with stunnel

yassine ayachi ayachi.yassine at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 11:45:18 CET 2011

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply, however I am still consistently 'killing' stunnel
with a segfault.
It is very simple to reproduce and it is consistent. I am using stunnel
v.4.41 (and I am trying to secure an RDP connection -not an http one-)
With or without the client mode, I get the segfault. I tried both cases.

To 'kill' stunnel, all I do is run the following from any machine:
telnet stunnel_machine 1957

---> stunnel_machine [listens on 1957] ---> remote_machine [listens on 3389]

stunnel is configured to listen on port 1957 and forward into 3389
[rdps]
accept = 1957
connect = machine2:3389

In production, my deployment environment will be:
Java Applet (an rdp client, not http) ---> stunnel_machine [listens on
1957] ---> machine2 [listens on 3389]

The java applet is an RDP client (not http) which issues rdp calls that I
want encrypted (hence stunnel)

Please advise,
Thank you

Yassine