[stunnel-users] Segfault with stunnel

Scott Damron sdamron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:01:35 CET 2011

Right...so, here is a sample config, I will add emphasis on the parts you
need to make sure you have.

; Sample stunnel configuration file by Michal Trojnara 2002-2006
; Some options used here may not be adequate for your particular
configuration
; Please make sure you understand them (especially the effect of chroot
jail)

; Certificate/key is needed in server mode and optional in client mode
cert = /newcert.pem
key = /newkey.pem

; Protocol version (all, SSLv2, SSLv3, TLSv1)
sslVersion = SSLv3, TLSv1

; Some security enhancements for UNIX systems - comment them out on Win32
chroot = /var/lib/stunnel4/
setuid = stunnel4
setgid = stunnel4
; PID is created inside chroot jail
pid = /stunnel4.pid

; Some performance tunings
;socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1
;compression = rle

; Workaround for Eudora bug
;options = DONT_INSERT_EMPTY_FRAGMENTS

; Authentication stuff
;verify = 2
; Don't forget to c_rehash CApath
; CApath is located inside chroot jail
;CApath = /certs
; It's often easier to use CAfile
;CAfile = /etc/stunnel/certs.pem
; Don't forget to c_rehash CRLpath
; CRLpath is located inside chroot jail
;CRLpath = /crls
; Alternatively you can use CRLfile
;CRLfile = /etc/stunnel/crls.pem

; Some debugging stuff useful for troubleshooting
debug = 7
output = /var/log/stunnel4/stunnel.log

; Use it for client mode
client = yes

; Service-level configuration

;[pop3s]
;accept  = 995
;connect = 110

;[imaps]
;accept  = 993
;connect = 143

;[ssmtp]
;accept  = 465
;connect = 25

[https]
accept  = 10.x.x.x:443 <http://10.32.75.46:443>
connect = 11.x.x.x:443 <http://10.32.75.46:443>
; here you need to have an IP address for each accept and connect, as well
as a port.  If you are connecting to localhost, put 127.0.0.1.
;TIMEOUTclose = 0

; vim:ft=dosini