[stunnel-users] Missing bytes?

Arthur Murray amurrayfsf at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 17:41:41 CET 2011

Hello,

When I telnet to my pop3 server and "QUIT" this is what I see:

Escape character is '^]'.
+OK InterMail POP3 server ready.
QUIT
+OK ? InterMail POP3 server signing off.
Connection closed by foreign host.

When I setup an stunnel 4.5 to the same pop3 server:
[pop3s]
accept  = 995
connect = server:110

and connect with "openssl s_client -connect localhost:995" this is what I see:

+OK InterMail POP3 server ready.
QUIT
DONE

And the stunnel log reports:

Connection closed: 34 bytes sent to SSL, 0 bytes sent to socket

What happened to the last line "+OK ? InterMail POP3 server signing
off." and why aren't the counters counting the 5 bytes I sent
("QUIT\n") and the last line of 41 sent over the SSL?

Example 2 through stunnel:
+OK InterMail POP3 server ready.
USER
-ERR a user name MUST be entered
QUIT
DONE

Connection closed: 68 bytes sent to SSL, 5 bytes sent to socket
(still missing the last bytes)