[stunnel-users] Server side logging, no connection details logged

Bucci, David G david.g.bucci at lmco.com
Tue Sep 21 17:26:24 CEST 2010

Hi - using Stunnel to enforce client certificate based authentication, and as part of that, we want to log accesses, and the CN used to access, on the server side (kind of an audit log).

On the client side, with debug set to 7, we get details about the connection, the SSL steps in the handshake, etc. - but on the server side, even with debug = 7, we're not seeing any info at all about the connections that are occurring.

Sooo ... is there a way to enable such logging on the server side of the tunnel?  Or possibly turn on independent logging in the OpenSSL libs that are used?  I looked, but haven't found anything online about this.

Thx!

----
David G. Bucci

If you can't say anything nice, at least have the decency to be vague.