[stunnel-users] openssl cross compiling for windows

Jon Daley stunnel at jon.limedaley.com
Wed Oct 27 20:22:37 CEST 2010

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Jon Daley wrote:
>>>  	And you end up with 3 dlls in the openssl directory?
>>
>> Not really.  Just 2 of them.  Zlib is produced in step 2.
> 	Hrm.  I wasn't talking about the zlib1.dll.  I meant:
> ssleay32.dll, libssl32.dll and libeay32.dll.  Maybe I got mixed up the names,
> and am using one that I don't need.  I thought I put them in one at a time,
> and waited for Windows to ask me for them, but I'll check again.

 	Ah, yes.  I am dumb.  I can compile and run it without problems
with just the two *eay32 dlls.

 	And we've finally figured out the other bug, where it works on my
computer, and not on someone else's.  It has to do with ipv6 support, and
it didn't go away even after I ./config  --disable-ipv6, which that flag
is (mostly?) ignored in the windows builds, due to the dynamic LoadLibrary
calls.  On one computer, stunnel connects on the ipv6 port, but then when
running "telnet localhost 7000", it connects via the ipv4 port, and so
fails.  If we force stunnel to use ipv4 by using 127.0.0.1 instead of
localhost, everything works fine.  My guess is that his computer is
partially/incorrectly configured for ipv6, and so that is the reason for
the failure.  I'm planning on removing the LoadLibrary calls to force ipv6
to be off, though it'd be nice to not do that, since someday, there will
be an ipv6-only network that we'll have to deal with presumably.

--
Jon Daley
http://jon.limedaley.com