[stunnel-users] Recompiling Stunnel at version 4.34 appears to fix dropped data problem

Bill Crowell bcrowell at pavuk.com
Fri Oct 15 19:47:55 CEST 2010

I reported a consistent data loss from most browsers when transferring large files.

Compiling version 4.34 on Mac OS X 10.6.4 with the latest Xcode toolkit has resolved the connection problem for all browsers that I have tested except for Safari 5.0 on both Windows and Mac. It has also fixed a connection problem with IE 6 which was not accepting any connection to Stunnel prior to this installation.

***

This problem still persists on my linux box running 4.33 installed from FC13. I will attempt a compile of 4.34 and see if this fixes the problem there as well. Fedora does not yet have a package for 4.34.

Bill

Bill Crowell, President
Pavuk Technologies, LLC
PO Box 33097