[stunnel-users] Difficulty to compile with alternate 64 bit openssl libraries

Philippe A. futhark77 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 15:38:54 CET 2010

Hello,

I am having a problem when I compile stunnel against 64 bit openssl
libraries:

./configure --prefix $HOME/tls --with-threads=fork --with-ssl=/opt2/openssl

stunnel will end up using default libraries in /lib (which I can't remove
from my environment). The workaround we have found is to modify the
configure script and to force the LIBS variable to use "lib64" instead of
"lib".

# Add SSL includes and libraries
CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -I$ssldir/include"
LIBS="$LIBS -L$ssldir/lib64 -lssl -lcrypto" #- <----

Is this a known problem? Is there another way around this without changing
the configure script?

Thanks!