[stunnel-users] Stunnel and RTMPS

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Mon Jan 11 11:00:30 CET 2010

Nimrod,

> I'm currently trying to use rtmps, with Red5 and Stunnel,
> and it doesn't work with properly signed certificates:
> When I use a self-signed test certificate, everything works just fine.
> But when I use a proper certificate (2048 bits from godaddy.com, if that
> matters),
> NetConnection.connect just doesn't work - the server doesn't get a
> connection.
> https stil works though, and the browser treats the certificate as valid,
> so it's probably not a problem with the certificate.
>
> I saw some earlier posts on this problem, does anyone have a solution?
> Any comments are welcome...

Make sure to have the complete certificate chain (your certificate,
intermediate certificate and self-signed root certificate) in you .pem
file.

It's the second time I see a report about godaddy.com certificate during
the last few days.  AFAIK SSL implementation in Flash is based on Microsoft
libraries.  What is the browser you tested SSL with?  I guess if MSIE
accepts the certificate than Flash should also accept it.  When writing
"the browser" did you mean MSIE?

BTW: Does your server's FQDN match the subject of your certificate?