[stunnel-users] using ECDH with stunnel

Carl ct at turner.ca
Wed Feb 10 17:40:22 CET 2010

Is is possible to use ECDH with stunnel?

When using s_server and specifying the cipher I can establish a
connection. But when using stunnel and specifing the same cipher, the
connection is rejected with "no shared cipher".

e.g.
openssl s_server -cert server.pem -cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA

It appears the difference is that s_server uses "default temp ECDH
parameters" while stunnel doesn't have a default nor is there a way to
specify the ECDH parameters.

>From what I understand the ECDH parameters cannot be included with the
certificate, unlike DH parameters.

Is my understanding correct?