[stunnel-users] Individual user certs for each person who uses Windows PC

Scott Gifford sgifford at suspectclass.com
Mon Aug 30 23:41:09 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Bucci, David G <david.g.bucci at lmco.com>wrote:
[ ... ]

> I've tried using envvars in the stunnel.conf (e.g., cert =
> %USERPROFILE%\usercert.pem), tried adjusting the command line to include "-p
> %USERPROFILE%\usercert.pem" as an option ...

We implemented something similar by simply making a "C:\stunnel" directory
on each PC, naming the certificate the same thing on all machines, then
hardcoding that path into the stunnel configuration (e.g.
"C:\stunnel\usercert.pem").  Not quite as nice as
%USERPROFILE%\usercert.pem, but it worked.  :-)

Hope this is helpful,

----Scott.