[stunnel-users] "stunnel -version"

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Mon Aug 30 13:04:04 CEST 2010

>> Hm, but that's not very useful. I am trying to setup
>> EMACS/Mew/stunnel for Gmail access, and Mew tries to read stunnel's
>> version from stdout.
>
> Maybe Emacs can be fooled with a wrapper batch that outputs a version
> message if called with -version and calls stunnel else.

A good idea, thanks! However, for a first try, I slightly modified the
Mew source code. It works now. But, it seems that I don't like Mew that
much... ;-)

Anyway, I also had to change source code which originally added some
options to the mew configuration file, and those options are not
supported by stunnel for Windows:

  pid
  foreground
  syslog

Would've been helpful if stunnel simply ignores these options on
Windows. Instead, it displays error messages: "Specified option name is
not valid here"

>> I see the dialog box and the main window, just as when I call stunnel
>> from the windows command line. And of course I close these windows.
>
> Closing the two windows does not shut down stunnel. You have to
> right-click on the stunnel icon in the system tray and select 'exit'.

There is no tray icon after executing "stunnel -version". I had to close
it using the Windows Task Manager.

- Felix