[stunnel-users] Cross-compiling stunnel woes feedback

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Mon Aug 30 11:44:14 CEST 2010

Martin van den Nieuwelaar wrote:
> I had to edit the 'configure' script in order to remove three sections
> of code that just check for the cross compiling option, and if set
> simply exit (message 'cannot check for file existence when cross
> compiling').  This behaviour really isn't condusive to successful cross
> compiling. :-)  So as I say I removed these sections of code.
>
> Next, I configured with './configure --host=arm-linux', then 'make' and
> the rest are standard as usual.

On my system './configure --host=arm-linux' just displays the following
message:

configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use
--host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.

and then configures stunnel without cross-compilation enabled.

I tried to find a step-by-step HOWTO on configuring cross-compilation on
my Debian/Lenny, but I failed to build a valid gcc/binutils.  Can you help
me?  It's hard for me to fix this issue since I can't reproduce it.