[stunnel-users] "stunnel -version"

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Fri Aug 27 13:48:17 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Ludolf Holzheid
<lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de> wrote:
>> After clicking "OK" to close the popup message, I get some more info,
>> though meaningless to me:
>>   stunnel 4.33 on x86-pc-mingw32-gnu with OpenSSL 1.0.0 29 Mar 2010
>>   Threading:WIN32 SSL:ENGINE Sockets:SELECT,IPv6
>>
>> [..]
>
> This is the information you requested to be shown by
> "stunnel -version".

Hm, but that's not very useful. I am trying to setup EMACS/Mew/stunnel
for Gmail access, and Mew tries to read stunnel's version from stdout.

In fact, for a reason unclear to me, EMACS 23.1.1 hangs after
executing certain ELISP code:

  (call-process "stunnel" nil t nil "-version")

I see the dialog box and the main window, just as when I call stunnel
from the windows command line. And of course I close these windows.
Well, I guess this doesn't belong into this list.

- Felix